I like food a lot: highbrow, lowbrow, on a bun, plate, or stick, I want to try it all. In August 2009, after completing my Master’s, I moved to San Francisco, that Mecca of Chow and Everything Else That is Good. My interest in all things culinary had its formal beginning in 2005, when I studied in Berlin (and ate piles of Doener Kebabs, Mohnschecken, and Bratwurst). Since then, my interest in the food world — food writing and cooking alike — has grown. This blog is a forum for my musings on all things gastronomic: accounts of my own cooking and baking projects, restaurant and book reviews, wishlists, product roundups, photos, and blurbs.
- A #bubbagram & a #latergram @ Portland, Oregon instagram.com/p/BUYsDl8F6TS/says Garky 1 day ago
- "Money is the truest fact, the hardest nut to crack, and when it dispersed I slunk back homeward."says Garky 3 days ago
- Not bad for #nofilter @ Portland, Oregon instagram.com/p/BUTMgzjFfW3/says Garky 3 days ago
- @RJMajma (Which, incidentally, has never happened, possibly due to the triple-checking.)says Garky 3 days ago
- @RJMajma I get *super* paranoid about the dates & always triple-check them.😑 Like, I always think I'll end up with… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…says Garky 3 days ago
- 25,777 hits
- baking Bi-Rite Market Bob's Donuts Bon Appetit Breakfast Bagel Brews on the Bay brunch brunch in the Mission candy Caprese salad carnitas tacos Cecils Childhood Redux Chow Christmas foods Civic Center farmers market comfort foods cooking with Alex creme fraiche Dessert Dianne Jacob Donuts eating out eating out in the Mission Ferry Building Ferry Building Farmers Market Hayes Valley home cooking homemade marshmallows homemade pizza Hook Irving Pizza Jennifer Larue Huget junk food Kath Eats Real Food Kath Younger La Boulange La Cocina Licorice Allsorts Luna Park Mark Bittman cornbread Mexican food Minnesota Mission Life Mission lyfe moving New York Times North Beach Nostalgiafest nostalgic foods NYTimes omelette oysters pico de gallo Rosamunde s'mores ice cream Samira Kawash sausage scrambled eggs SF Street Food Festival shredded coconut smoked paprika St. Francis Fountain Sunset Swedoughs Tecate The Jelly Donut Trader Joe's Valentine's Day Washington Post weeknight cooking Weird Fish Taco Bike whole foods Will Write For Food Zeitgeist