I like food a lot: highbrow, lowbrow, on a bun, plate, or stick, I want to try it all. In August 2009, after completing my Master’s, I moved to San Francisco, that Mecca of Chow and Everything Else That is Good. My interest in all things culinary had its formal beginning in 2005, when I studied in Berlin (and ate piles of Doener Kebabs, Mohnschecken, and Bratwurst). Since then, my interest in the food world — food writing and cooking alike — has grown. This blog is a forum for my musings on all things gastronomic: accounts of my own cooking and baking projects, restaurant and book reviews, wishlists, product roundups, photos, and blurbs.
- @noahmanger For me, that rivals "Your Body is a Wonderland," which: ewwwwww. (Also, seems to be a trend re: creepy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…says Garky 10 hours ago
- RT @GrandmaHenri: Tech Twitter! I want a way for folks who can't use JIRA to file feature request tickets in JIRA. Anyone have suggestions…says Garky 11 hours ago
- RT @TaraSkurtu: Read More Poems https://t.co/r6FrwZBS8Dsays Garky 14 hours ago
- RT @shivon: I can’t stop watching this. Optical sorter getting rid of those pesky green tomatoes. https://t.co/MjCVKkYyoSsays Garky 17 hours ago
- RT @markedly: "Oh, we're $16 now." - Saladssays Garky 18 hours ago
- 26,491 hits
- baking Bi-Rite Market Bob's Donuts Bon Appetit Breakfast Bagel Brews on the Bay brunch brunch in the Mission candy Caprese salad carnitas tacos Cecils Childhood Redux Chow Christmas foods Civic Center farmers market comfort foods cooking with Alex creme fraiche Dessert Dianne Jacob Donuts eating out eating out in the Mission Ferry Building Ferry Building Farmers Market Hayes Valley home cooking homemade marshmallows homemade pizza Hook Irving Pizza Jennifer Larue Huget junk food Kath Eats Real Food Kath Younger La Boulange La Cocina Licorice Allsorts Luna Park Mark Bittman cornbread Mexican food Minnesota Mission Life Mission lyfe moving New York Times North Beach Nostalgiafest nostalgic foods NYTimes omelette oysters pico de gallo Rosamunde s'mores ice cream Samira Kawash sausage scrambled eggs SF Street Food Festival shredded coconut smoked paprika St. Francis Fountain Sunset Swedoughs Tecate The Jelly Donut Trader Joe's Valentine's Day Washington Post weeknight cooking Weird Fish Taco Bike whole foods Will Write For Food Zeitgeist